Cancer treatment takes time...and I'm lucky to be one of the relative short-timers.
I'm happy to say today is a small milestone--treatment #25, 8 more to go. So I'll be passing the 3/4 mark. Today ends whole breast radiation and we head into "the boost" starting next Tuesday. The boost involves 8 treatments of radiation directly into my scar, in the area where the cancer actually happened. Can I tell you the weirdness of having four people drawing all over one's exposed breast with green magic markers, plotting their attack plans...
My doctor says my skin has come through very well, considering I'm about as fair and sunburn-prone as one can be. I'm really tired this week--combine radiation with "that time of the month" and you get Lisa...loopier than usual. I went to bed at eight-something last night.
We are celebrating Dan Stack's wedding festivities this weekend. I will nap....then party...then nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment