Friday, September 18, 2009

A taste for more "adventure"

So what happens when Lisa finishes radiation treatment and moves on with the rest of her life?

She slips in her kitchen (cleaning up after her semi-incontinent dog), smacks the back of her head against the kitchen table on the way down, and starts to bleed profusely. Off she goes to the ER for a fun late night adventure of pressure bandaging, cat scanning, X-raying, and a stitch to finish off the fun. The doctor (who fancied himself Cumberland's very own Jay Leno) decided to use a bandaging strategy which made me look like a cross between a bank robber and a Snow Baby.

So here I am...with enough blood left in my hair to stand the back up like a ghoulish Kate Gosselin....waiting until tomorrow (!) to wash the whole thing away...

I am okay...sore, embarrassed, cranky...relieved I don't have a concussion or a brain bleed.

What did I do to deserve 2009, I ask you?

No comments:

Post a Comment