Two more treatments....
My breast hurts most of the time now--intermittent stabbing pains and then dull pain like a toothache. There is swelling, but the skin has calmed down.
I can't imagine having this done to my head or my abdomen like the people I sit with.
I saw a new lady in the waiting room this week. She's probably my age...hair growing in from chemo baldness...so weak she can barely stand up from her wheelchair. Today she was wheeled in and parked by a man who left, and she stared vacantly at the giant aquarium while she waited. Her daughter came later and talked to her in a loud, sing-song voice. The daughter told her mother to "say thank you" as they were leaving as if her mom were a four year old. The poor woman. What is she dealing with, I wonder?
I come and go into these treatments like Hurricane Lisa. The doctor told me today I walk like I'm in a rush to get somewhere (as I nearly collided with a nurse in the hallway).
What's the rush? I running toward a simpler place, with no doctors or machines for a blessed few weeks...months....
No comments:
Post a Comment