So, today is the beginning of what I hope is the end of the Big C. "The Boost" has begun.
I have seven more radiation treatments directly into the area where the cancer started, and then we see if my cancer adventure ends...or takes a holiday. I hear so many stories of both outcomes.
I will not miss the constant fatigue and borderline discomfort...but I may miss the excuse of "I'm in treatment" to explain why I'm distracted or lethargic or cranky. Starting next week, I'm just Lisa....recovered (?).
Will I ever be the same? No. I will never live a day without the nagging doubts, but I won't take life and health for granted again. I have flirted with the boundaries of my own mortality, and I know I want to stay on this side of the fence. Let's hope I can cobble together a heathier way forward.
This has been a sad, sorry summer with some glimpses of grace.
I could use a boost and it's not the radiation kind!
No comments:
Post a Comment