Here I am at 12:53 AM....looking at the magic picture machine. I guess radiation fatigue may be messing with my Z-z-z-z-z's. I crash and burn at 7 or 8 or 9 PM but then I'm awake at 1 or 2.
I'm starting to notice my skin changing with the treatments (18 down, 15 to go). I'm not uncomfortable, but the process is headed in that direction. My breast now hurts vaguely most of the time (with occasional shooting pains...normal, I'm told), and the texture of my skin is starting to feel like shoe leather despite the aloe vera.
I continue to be amazed at the tenacity of cancer patients with treatment plans far more challenging than mine. People make their way through grueling chemo regimens and THEN do this....impressive...and appalling. There are people all around us living through some incredible odysseys. Why am I just starting to clue in? I really didn't know I was such a self-focused creature until this experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment