Monday, June 15, 2009

May you live in interesting times ?!

Ancient Chinese curse? Perhaps....It's real life for Lisa today!

Today was a long, arduous, "interesting" day. I hope surgery will not be a frequent activity for me because it's just not that much fun.

And may I just say I don't want to hear any belly-aching about routine mammograms, ladies. I had the two-hour mammo from you-know-where this morning as prep for my surgery and I'm still kicking. That five minute squeeze is NOTHING, girls.

I am fully awake and lucid (I think) for the first time since 10:00 AM but I took the Rush Limbaugh drug-of-choice 30 minutes ago, so I'll be loopy again soon--and I have an excuse. Rush's loopy doesn't wear off with the Oxycodone.

Johns Hopkins was impressive. They took really good care of me, and I'm glad I made that choice. I'm in a bit of pain but nothing I can't deal with. I think my sore throat and raspiness from the intubation is as bothersome as the incisions.

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    So glad you are resting up via some meds but still, resting up from your long day. The sore throat was the worst of my knee surgery too, darn that acid reflux that makes them intubate. I will never again complain, at least not much, about my yearly mammography squeese. I hope this message posts ok, this is my first blog experience and I'm really not all that saavy but thought I'd give it a try to let you know we are all thinking of you. Meghan added you as a "special intention" at our dinner prayers. I hope you rest easier tonight now that this step is over. Love Joni, Mark, Ashley, Meghan and Sulley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, Joni, I have to say I love the moniker "mcjoni". This is a very happy post, and weaving some snarky political commentary into your medical story shows, I would like to think, that this apple hasn't fallen very far from the tree. Looking forward to talking to your raspy self later today! Love, Matt xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY TO HEAR THAT EVERYTHING IS OVER AND TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU GET HOME. WE WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU IN OUR PRAYERS. LOVE, THE PERRIN FAMILY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa,

    Hope you're feeling much better than yesterday - you cannot imagine what a surgery does to your body until you have one. Good news about the nodes being clear! Can't wait to see you and discuss the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ciao Lisa ,
    Jeff send me a message yesterday I was so happy to hear good news about the nodes and happy to see that you are feeling better.take care love to you all Federica

    ReplyDelete