Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Surgery Fog Lifts....Worry settles back in

Jeff and I have stopped sleeping well...and it's not due to the blind, deaf, diabetic, occasionally incontinent, geriatric dog. The nagging late night worry monster is now peeing in our kitchen.

Jeff is swamped at work (2009 has been a lu-lu). His office manager has largely floated off into the ether and his wife has cancer--and she's the same crazy broad. Ouch! Talk about "no rest for the weary."

Lisa is swamped at home with a brain that won't stop functioning like Google on steroids (the real Google can often aggravate this condition, especially at 3:00 AM). I think the out-of-control cell growth is located in my frontal lobe. My brain is lurching through the "If This, Then That" road race, and my poor husband gets to hear my daily sportscast when he gets home from the office.

The good and bad news is this--on Thursday, we get to hear what the next hurdle will be: another surgery?....radiation in a few weeks?....chemo in a few weeks? The answer will be 1, 2 or 3 of those things. I'll jump, damn it, but it might not be graceful.

...........................................................................

On a happier note, breast cancer survivors are everywhere! I keep finding out about the struggles--AND VICTORIES--of women all around me. Weeks ago I was talking about the people around us fighting so many battles--who knew so darn many had breast cancer?

I love to talk to these Breast Warriors looking so healthy and beautiful. They are Kryptonite for the late night worry monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment