Saturday, June 13, 2009

In Bocca al Lupo

I hope my Italian sister Federica will forgive me, but I want to share a sample of the wonderful wishes I've gotten in the last few days with surgery approaching Monday.

This one really meant the world to me. I was an exchange student with the Avico family in 1977 and they are as dear to me today as they were then.

I am blessed.
Tanti baci e abbracci!
.................................................................

in bocca al lupo from Italians friends‏
From: federica avico
Sent: Sat 6/13/09 4:38 PM

dear Lisa I've joined your blog but I've to practise ...I 've to learn how to use it. How 's your father? I hope he is better. You can not imagine how difficult is for me to write in english and how much i would like to know this language better.There are so many things and feeling that I would like to share with you. You have to know that we all will be with you on monday with ours hearts .and ..we are sure that everythings will go in the best way.

IN BOCCA AL LUPO!!!
LOVE FROM ALL
federica andrea pietro tommaso maria federico chiara

..............................................................

By the way, the internet tells me "in bocca al lupo" is an Italian euphemism meaning "good luck." The literal translation is "in the mouth of the wolf" which is often said to someone undertaking a task; in response the person often replies "crepi" which means something like "may the wolf die," in a sense securing the luck. It's kind of like "break a leg."

Boy, am I ever in the wolf's mouth this time......CREPI !!

No comments:

Post a Comment