The Scottish West Highlands are amazing--the area reminds me a lot of northern Italy. We've driven around the most wonderful scenic lakes (lochs) and mountain roads.
The weather has been typical for a Poland trip, but not for the British Isles. We bring bizarre extremes to our travel destinations--in this case, a heat wave in England and Scotland, with cloudless sunny skies and temperatures in the 80's. It's tough to get enthusiastic about buying wool sweaters, for certain. Everybody packed for rain and 50 degree weather, so we're out of short sleeve shirts!
We head to Glasgow tomorrow, with a very early flight Wednesday morning.
...................................
Speaking of the high road, it time to return to reality....
My high road will be preparing for surgery and treatment with a positive attitude. As I've said--and I need to be continuously reminded--I don't have to fly this plane. I just need to be confident and take the ride (a Xanax or two may be in order!).
...................................................................
And speaking of planes.....we are out here in the hinterlands and a (freaking!) fighter jet just flew over our hotel....it sounded like it was about 100 feet over the tree tops. Scotland is weird.....
Cheers, and so long from the UK.
No comments:
Post a Comment