Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Home...and reality

Good morning. We arrived back home yesterday afternoon and I kind of miss my hotel cocoon! Somebody else was doing the cleaning there. Don't worry--I'll make somebody else do it here, too.

My throat is still very raspy and sore. I am not in that much pain, although I am incredibly stiff and sore this morning. Too many weird contortions on surgery day, I guess. The dressings come off later today and I get to shower--I'm sure everyone around me will appreciate that development. I'm not really looking forward to seeing the surgical handiwork. My 48 year old form was less than glorious, but I have a feeling Monday's efforts will not add anything to the pretty picture. Oh well--cancer free will look good to me in any shape.

Continuing on the "Let's Make This About Me" front, I've had two dinner deliveries, a spa gift package with nice-smelling things (which I need!), and a much-appreciated "house call" from my dear doctor Huma and her family, complete with pink roses. We've had so many calls and e-mails expressing support and good wishes. You guys are so great--I hope I will live many long years to return the many favors!

Thanks again so much!

1 comment:

  1. ... Duffy's doing the cleaning, right? Glad to hear everything is going well. I hope you can make some kind of picture out of your incision scars. You know, like when you look at clouds. Or Rorschach tests...

    ReplyDelete