I had my first post-cancer bilateral mammo a month ago. I was (perversely) convinced I would have cancer on the other side. I don't. I'm clear ("for now" the voice in my head insists). My right breast feels about 95% normal. No pain. No skin weirdness. The docs are delighted.
I have not lost the weight I need to lose. Too much stress...too many excuses. I keep myself at risk by not dealing with my weight. Extra weight=estrogen. Estrogen is the enemy.
Tamoxifen has complicated my life. The hot flash battle ebbs and flows. Sometimes the meds work to make me feel okay, and sometimes they don't. On the other hand, most women battle hot flashes so I need to stop whining.
My lady parts are sending out some warning signals. My endometrium is thickening, so I must be checked for cell changes (because my old friend tamoxifen can cause endometrial cancer). I will have a D and C and other uterus-scanning fun procedures on 9/8/10. Oh boy, I can't wait. Will the lady part removal be far behind? We'll see.
So...in summary...most days, I'm just me...no cancer, not much obsessing. But sometimes, I'm me with cancer worries. I doubt my life will ever be cancer-worry-free.
2010 has been so much better than 2009. Let's hope I can stay surgery-free.
No comments:
Post a Comment